Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I Have This Weird Obesession

I have this weird obsession.

I can't seem to stop looking at the clock. I watch closely as the minute hand slowly moves with each second that passes. It's crazy that I still own a damn analog clock. This world is full of digital ones and here I am, standing here, watching this analog clock.

I hate time. I hate that someone decided to invent the idea of time. Didn't Einstein state that time does not exist that it really is just an idea? How can time be an idea if it's a part of our lives? We use it as a measurement. A measurement of our fucking worries. We use it to make ourselves worry about this and that. About how we don't have enough time for this, or how we don't have enough time for that.

Even without that damn clock, without the hours, minutes, seconds and whatnot, we still have time. The days are measured by the sun and the moon. Hell, if I lived in Alaska with no damn clock, I'd be the happiest man alive. But then there's work, and how we have scheduled shifts. Scheduled shifts at different times, all measured. The money that we get is measured upon the hours that we work. There's no way to escape time. No fucking way at all.

So here I am, standing here, watching the minute hand slowly move. I'm ignoring everything that I have to do and I am watching, waiting, helping the idea of time become more of a reality in my life.

I have this weird obsession, and it's not  that I like to watch the hands on my clock move. It's that I can't stop thinking. I can't stop talking to my brain about all of these ideas that I have. All of these amazing ideas that I have stuck in my brain.

No comments: